Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is an energy assistance program for eligible residents of Winnebago and Boone Counties that provides a payment to utility companies.
Planned changes for this season include:
- The program will not start until October 1.
- Benefits will be 12% less than last year.
- Seniors and disabled can apply beginning Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Families with children under 6 and disconnected households can apply starting Monday, November 2, 2015
- The general population can apply beginning Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- For reconnection assistance, the maximum benefit has been reduced from $1,000 to $750. The reconnection assistance payment will only be made if it is enough to restore your service.
- PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) option may not be available
More details plus information on how and where to apply will be released at a later date. Please keep checking local media, www.facebook.com/CityofRockford, or call 844-710-6919 (Office of Community Action of Winnebago and Boone Counties - select the Energy Assistance option) for program details and updates.
The City of Rockford Water Division invites residents to provide input on their water by completing the following survey.
For more information, please view the Water Pipe Replacement Program Brochure.
The City of Rockford Public Works Department is pleased to present the FY 2015-2019 Improvement Program, which proposes over $139,000,000 of infrastructure investment throughout the City. The program was presented to the Finance and Personnel Committee on January 5, 2015 and adopted by City Council on January 20,2015. This document is designed to be e-friendly with hyperlinked pages.
Download the 2015 - 2019 CIP Book here