image RSS Icon
corPrinterIcon Email page link
 
History of the Rockford Water Division

The Rockford Water Works (The Rockford Water Division) was established on August 19th, 1875. The first ground well was drilled on Park Avenue, and was located on the west bank of the Rock River (image below).

 

 

For the history of the Rockford Water Division 1875-1955 please click here.

 

For the history of the Rockford Water Division 1955-Present please click here.

 

 

Park Avenue Well 1885


Page last updated: 7/14/2016 12:09:11 PM

Permits | Report a Problem | Employment | Contact Us

Special thanks to Jason Rotello and Tamika Jones for contributing images for the City of Rockford website.