The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for a wide array of duties related to the prevention of fire in the community. This division includes a Division Chief, a Fire Prevention Coordinator, 2 Arson Investigators, 2 Fire Inspectors, and a secretary.
The Prevention Division is responsible for:
- inspection of commercial/industrial property
- interpretation of fire prevention codes and ordinances concerning the properties
- presenting talks and demonstrations relative to fire prevention and public education
- fire ground investigative activities and related follow-up arson investigations
- review of plans for construction within the city for proper fire and life safety code adherences