Conduct Business with the City Virtually
Payment and Customer Service Center
As of August 1, late penalties will go into effect and water shut-off will go into effect on September 1. Please make sure your account is up to date.
If you have questions about your account, you may call 779-348-7300 or if you are at City Hall, please provide your phone number and the best time to reach you and one of our agents will contact you within 24 hours. We highly encourage customers to take advantage of the following payment options and contribute reducing traffic at City Hall.
- Auto draft is available and the most reliable payment method for our customers. Payments can be deducted from a bank account four days prior to the due date. Customers are able to put restrictions on payments to avoid unexpected increases. Auto draft can be established online at https://schedulepayment.com/cor.
- Mail your payment to the address listed on your water bill. Please include the stub along with the payment. If unable to send the stub, please include your 9 digit account number on the check or your service address.
- Make a one-time online payment at https://schedulepayment.com/cor. Have your customer number and account number ready. There is a $2 one-time payment fee.
- Make a one-time phone payment by calling 1-844-738-1055. Have your bill number and account number available. There is a $3 one-time payment fee.
- Drop your payment anytime at the silver drop box outside City Hall (parking lot entrance.) The box is emptied several times per day during business hours and payments are processed by staff within one business day. Money orders and checks are accepted. Please do not use cash.
- You can also pay at a currency exchange facility.
If you need to reach the Payment Center, please email [email protected] or call 779-348-7300
Community and Economic Development Department appointments can be scheduled by calling 779-348-7162. Information on neighborhood development programs, including home rehabilitation, are available on online. Small business assistance information is available by emailing [email protected].
Building Permits and Inspection request will continue online at https://rockfordil.gov/permits/ or over the phone at 779-348-7158.
Human Services can be reached at 844-710-6919 or you complete the inquiry form here.