Community Relations Commission
The Community Relations Commission helps the City better achieve its goals of involving the community, improving communication, and fostering positive relations.
For the latest agendas, visit http://rockfordcityil.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx.
The Commission acts as an advisory board to the mayor and council. Functions of the commission include:
- Providing opportunity for our City departments to communicate the work they do, so that commissioners can be ambassadors for the City
- Giving commissioners opportunity to provide feedback to the council, Mayor and staff on issues impacting the community
- Providing a forum for thoughtful debate on issues impacting the community, including civil rights, diversity and fair housing
- Reviewing and recommending adoption of ordinances
- Helping hold the City and our contractors accountable by periodically receiving reports from staff regarding compliance with our EEO and diversity hiring policies
- Assisting staff with informal mediation and conciliation to resolve claims of discrimination
- Recommending educational programs, trainings, and best practices to counsel and the community in furtherance of the goal of community engagement, diversity and equity
- Holding trainings on engaging minority and women owned businesses
- Helping navigate difficult issues by fostering input and discussion
Members of the Commission include:
Ricardo Montoya Picazo
Victoria De La Rosa