- About the Fire Department
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The City of Rockford's FOIA Request Form, Documentation, and Policies
- Please download and use the most recent FOIA Request Form when submitting FOIA Requests
- Get Adobe Reader
- Note for Email Submissions we strongly recommend you have Adobe Reader 9 installed on your system and that you follow the instructions below
- The FOIA Request Form is properly annotated with a Date and Time so you'll know when the form was last updated.
- Do not rename the FOIA Request Form you're sending to the City. You can rename a copy of the FOIA Request Form and save it on your system, however, the copy you're sending to the City, leaves the name as is. Also avoid using FoxIt Reader or Mac Preview to submit and/or save your FOIA Requests, as we cannot guarantee document stability when our FOIA Request Form is saved with FoxIt Products (use Adobe Reader instead).
FOIA Request Form (PDF) Last Updated: October 17, 2011, 10 am.
- Fill out the FOIA Request Form above
- Save the FOIA Request Form
- Print a copy of the FOIA Request Form for your records
- On the saved FOIA Request Form, click the "Send Form" button, located on the last page of the form. This will attach your form to an email message and automatically fill in the mail recipient.
- Email the saved FOIA Request Form to the City of Rockford using the provided emails on the form (email addresses will dynamically appear based upon FOIA Records Requested) Note: When you click on the "Send Form" button within the FOIA Request Form your default email program will open and you must manually click Send within your email program for the form to reach the City of Rockford. As an alternative, you can print out the FOIA Request Form, fill it out, and drop it off at any department at City Hall.
Please read the Web Client Email Instructions (PDF) if you use Gmail, Yahoo mail, or any other web-based email client.